Sunday, March 13, 2011

Working at 3 months

So, Thursday I went back to work for the first time since he was born. It was hard leaving the house, but I was more ok with it, because Andy was on Spring Break so he stayed home with Jordan and I got to see them at lunch. That made it much easier. Helped me focus on just getting back in the swing of things at work and trying to catch up on things. And, oh man, is there a ton to catch up on, too! Sounded like Andy and Jordan had a good time hanging out together, just the boys, which made me smile. I can't believe I'm about to say this, especially because I am usually the more organized of the two of us, but Andy actually got more things done around the house in 2 days than I got done in 3 months of maternity leave! Go hubby! That was a nice surprise. :)

Yesterday (Saturday), the three of us went to review the proofs from Jordan's 3-month photos. They turned out so well! It was really hard to narrow them down to the few that we like the absolute best. As soon as our photographer, Beth, posts them online, we'll let everyone know so you can browse and if you so choose, select to purchase. They really did come out fantastic. But of course, I'm his mommy so of course I think they are awesome!

Andy and I also took Jordan to Freedom Park for a walk yesterday. It was such a nice day, we just wanted to enjoy the warmth and sunshine for a bit. I'd never been there, so it was a nice change of scenery, and I really enjoyed seeing that part of Atlanta. It really is a beautiful area.


Today our little munchkin turned 3 months old. I can hardly believe it! It doesn't seem like it's been 13 weeks since I last had him in my tummy. He's changed and grown so much in the last three months, and his personality is just blossoming. Everyday we get such joy just from watching him sleep, gift us with the biggest gummy smiles, coo and laugh and just be a happy little baby. And of course, to celebrate the occasion, we had to take the monthly photos...


Tomorrow (Monday) will be Jordan's first day of daycare. It has been eating away at me for a couple weeks now, with increasing distress and heaviness in my heart that I cannot stay home with him. My biggest fear (silly, I know) is that he will hit major milestones while at daycare instead of with me or Andy. Like getting his first tooth. His first venture into crawling. His first steps. His first word. Fortunately, Andy will be home with him during the summer, but it just isn't the same as having one of us with him everyday. We know his moods and routine, and it breaks my heart to think that pretty soon, the daycare staff will know his moods and routine and personality better than we will, since he will be basically coming home to eat and go to bed every night. It just makes me sick to my stomach. I don't know that I'll ever get used to someone else caring for my child. I know they are professionals, who know what they are doing, but it just isn't Mommy or Daddy. It's not the same. It is completely eating away at my heart. I just thank my lucky stars that Andy will be able to go with me tomorrow when I drop Jordan off at daycare, because otherwise, I don't think I would be able to leave him there and make it to work. I honestly think it is going to be the most heartbreaking day of my life so far.

I'll let you all know how I do after this first week.

~Nez

No comments:

Post a Comment